Sunday, October 18, 2009

Bringin' back the cowgirl

Yesterday Greg, Eli and I went up to our friends Carrie and Brad's place. They purchased 40 acres about a year ago near Scappoose - just a short drive from St. Johns. Carrie and I grew up in Glide and rode horses together as kids on her parent's ranch. Now she and Brad have 4 horses and so they needed an extra person to go riding with them. I, of course, was happy to oblige. I haven't ridden for at least 5 years and it felt great. It's still one of my favorite things to do and now that I have easy access to a horse, Greg might not be seeing me too much on the weekends! The idea of buying some acreage and having horses again is really tempting. Until then, I know where to get my fix.






1 comment:

  1. love seeing you on horseback again. did you take Eli for a ride? that's next, huh.

    ReplyDelete