Monday, May 31, 2010

Look who took a header


Eliana "Scrappy" Stiles

Yesterday morning Eli and I were up early together so that Greg could sleep. We were having a lot of fun until disaster struck. Ok. That's an exaggeration, but it was horrific enough for this mommy.

We were looking out the long window by our front door when she slipped and face-planted right into our little shoe bench. I was right next to her and heard the thunk. I grabbed her to examine her face, she was quiet for a moment. Then, screams. I didn't notice anything at first because of her bangs, but then blood dripped down her forehead. Oh. my. god. I called for Greg (five times) and he came racing down the stairs in his sleepy stupor. By the time he got there Eliana was just about done crying, but I was still shaking.

It really is just a little bump, but now I'm a nervous wreck. Every time she falls I hold my breath for a second. There are pretty much falls and screams every five minutes in our house right now. I'm not built for this. After about the 25th time today, I'm about ready to cry with her.

1 comment: