Eliana, Kimmy (my teaching partner), and I headed out to Hood River yesterday to chill by the Columbia. Kimmy's dad and a bunch of his buddies are avid windsurfers and they lease a piece of property near Stevenson, Washington. They park their motorhomes and enjoy most weekends there during the summer. Her dad's group calls themselves "Team Advil" which I find pretty funny. It was a rad way to spend a summer day and I can't wait to get out there again.
The view from our blanket.
We watched this kiteboarder for close to an hour. Watch how high he goes on the board and then pay close attention to what happens when he's up there. His board actually comes off of his feet! Don't worry, he was back on the board in less than a minute.
Eli and I roughing it.
Kimmy explains our location and how hard our lives are. Caution: she uses a bit of profanity here. Watch out folks, she's an educator and I think she learned that kind of language from her middle school students!
Such hardcore relaxing is very tiring!
Ohhh, jealous.
ReplyDeleteAnd what are you wearing in that picture? You look kinda nekkid.
Looks like you had lots of fun!
ReplyDeleteNekkid... yes it looks like a nudist camp instead of a wind surfer's paradise.
ReplyDelete