On Sunday we cruised up to Meadows so that Greg could spend the morning coaching the Lakeridge team. We worked out a plan earlier in the week for Greg to head up to the top of the race with my snowboard and his on the chairlift. I would then put Eli in the backpack and snowshoe up to the top of the race. I would then transfer Eli to Greg and get my board. If it all worked out Eli would get her first ride down the mountain on her dad's back. The long hike was worth it. My apologies to those of you who might think this is dangerous. We decided it was less dangerous than riding in a car and we do that everyday.
The hike was really physically demanding on me, but it was totally worth this:
Once we got to the bottom of the run, Greg went in with Eli. I made a couple more runs with our friends Rob and Jess. Snowboarding is so amazing. The snow was really nice and I love cruising down the hill.
I'm still riding the wave of awesomeness that surrounded the weekend. I love my husband. I love my daughter. I'm a lucky, lucky lady!
You are a lucky family, and the Maine grandparents are very lucky to have the three of you!!! Although Nana had a mini-stroke to see that
ReplyDeletegrand baby flying down the hill on Greg's back. OH MY!!!!!!! You are a very trusting Mom Sara!
Mom and Pop Stiles
Well, guess she had to start snowboarding sooner or later. I know that you love her beyond comprehension and make decisions after weighing the odds, so I will bow to your choice. Did she like it?
ReplyDeleteSo Brian and I watched the video of Greg snowboarding with Eli and we were like OMG! This from two people who frequently take Hazel on our backs on skis (well, okay Brian, not me). Greg, you rock, you speed demon!
ReplyDelete