Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Denver

We went to Denver last Thursday to celebrate the wedding of Greg's cousin, Jessie. It was really good to see the Stiles family again and spend some time in their city. Jessie and Sean have a beautiful place and they had the ceremony in their backyard.

Denver was a little overwhelming for me - lots of traffic and lots of driving. We took a walk in Wash Park on Sunday afternoon with Patrick, Greg's cousin, and our friend Becky who lives in Denver. The park is huge and really pretty. I can see the advantage to living in a city with 300+ days of sun every year with mountains and epic skiing/snowboarding so close. But, I'm not ready to trade Portland in yet...

For now, I'm glad to be home with no air travel in my immediate future.

View from our hotel balcony - I'd like to see those mountains a little closer with a lot of snow.
Denver aquariumEli's hair is getting long enough for 2 ponytails - love it!The famJessie and Jerry (the bride and her dad)

No comments:

Post a Comment