Saturday, July 10, 2010

Rain, Rain Go Away

We had some serious rain here today. Over the last few days, the lake has been extremely choppy. In fact, last night during my swim I was tossed around quite a bit by waves. This morning, however, the water was super smooth. I was so excited at around 10:00 to go out and swim. Mother Nature had other ideas. It thundered and then dumped rain for the next 5 hours.

After the worst of it, I was able to get out and swim. It was a little rainy, but that didn't matter - I was already wet.

Raindrops bouncing off the porch
The waterfall off the roof
Tonight, the sky lit up with beautiful hues of orange and pink. My attempt to capture some of the colors falls short.My favorite dock

1 comment:

  1. That sunset reminds me of our sunset cruise on George and Carrie's boat during our rehearsal party.

    ReplyDelete